Jul 15, 2011
***We Reserve the Right to Change our Coupon Policy Without Notice. A portion of our coupon policy does differ by State due to varying state regulations. Our coupon policy in it’s entirety can be found posted at every register and at the service desk. Below are the standard coupon procedures for all stores.***
COUPON ACCEPTANCE POLICY
Doubling of Manufacturer Coupons:
Shaw’s doubles valid manufacturers’ coupons that have a face a value up to 99¢. Coupons with a face value over 99¢ are redeemed at face value only. Coupons that state “do not double” or “free” will not be doubled.
No more than FOUR “like” (same UPC) coupons will be doubled per customer, per day. Any additional coupon(s) may be accepted at face value (not doubled) based upon product availability. Competitor coupons are not accepted with the exception of valid Catalina manufacturer coupons and manufacturer? must be stated on the coupon. Competitor Catalina store coupons are not accepted.
Coupon amount may be reduced so that any combined discounts and coupons (including doubling) do not exceed the value of the item.
Coupon must have a valid scanable barcode and a valid date to be accepted.
One store coupon and one valid manufacturer coupon may be applied to an item.
ONE mfg BOGO coupon, ONE mfg “buy 2 get $$ off” coupon, or ONE “buy 1 and get $$ off” may be accepted per BOGO offer. No other coupons accepted for free or BOGO items.
Transactions may not be separated for the purpose of circumventing coupon policies.
Shaw’s reserves the right to limit quantities of product sold.
Photo copied, altered and/or fraudulent coupons will not be accepted.
Manufacturers’ Internet Coupons follow the same policies stated above (and to the left) along with the following restrictions: Coupons must be printed from a computer printer (no copies) and must scan. Manufacturer internet coupons for free product (including buy one/get one free) or that have a value greater than $4.99 are NOT accepted.
Shaw’s Internet Coupons are accepted with some restrictions. All coupon requirements must be met. The coupons must state “Shaw’s” and be printed from a computer printer (no copies). Unless otherwise stated, limit ONE coupon of each type per customer per day. Shaw’s Internet Coupons will not exceed $10, will not be doubled and cannot exceed the value of the item(s) purchased.
Jul 14, 2011
Generally, we do accept manufacturer’s coupons as long as they have a valid printed expiration date. With these coupons we follow all printed instructions (e.g. “one per customer”), and items can only count once towards coupons. (e.g. If you bought 3 boxes of a General Mills cereal, you can’t use a save $1.00 off 3, and a $0.50 off 1.) Only original coupons are valid; Photocopies are not accepted.
In addition to the above mentioned, we have additional policy in regards to Internet Coupons. We do not accept internet coupons that:
- have expired or are missing an expiration date.
- are over $5.00 (including free.)
- have no scannable UPC bar code.
- have been identified as fraudulent from the Manufacturer.
Store Management has final discretion in accepting, denying or limiting any coupons presented.
Hannaford does not double coupons.
Jul 13, 2011
Kroger Print-at-Home Coupon Acceptance Policy
Effective November 2007, all Kroger divisions accept industry-standard, secure print-at-home coupons. We recently partnered with Coupons Inc., the industry leader in print-at-home coupons, to offer print-at-home coupons on Kroger.com and all of our store banner websites. Help us make your shopping experience a pleasant one by keeping in mind these simple rules for using Print-At-Home coupons.
We can only accept print-at-home coupons if they scan properly at checkout. Legitimate printable coupons are delivered using special software designed to print a properly rendered barcode on the coupon and limit the number of coupons printed.
We will generally not accept “FREE product” (no purchase required) print-at-home coupons. It is currently an industry practice not to produce print-at-home manufacturer’s coupons for free product. Buy-one-get-one-free coupons and other values that have a purchase requirement are acceptable.
We will usually not accept coupons for more than about 75% of a product’s value. For example, a $2 off coupon will be acceptable for a product that normally sells for $5 or more, but a $2 off printable coupon for a product that sells for $2.25 is unlikely to be legitimate. If there are exceptions, we are usually provided advance notice by the manufacturer.
Coupons will be rejected if they appear distorted or blurry, altered in any way, or are obvious duplicates. You should always print the coupon yourself directly from the website or email that is offering it. Only then can you ensure you are printing a legitimate coupon. The coupon will never appear on your computer screen. A legitimate coupon is never sent as a graphic or PDF or sent in a Word document.
Print-at-home coupons should never be copied, sold, or traded. They should not be photocopied or scanned and distributed to others. They have unique serial numbers printed on them and follow an industry-standard format. Coupons are never sold and you should not pay for someone’s “time to clip” or other service fee.
Click to go to Kroger’s Digital Coupon Site
Customers choosing to participate in the digital coupons are required to have an active online account with a valid, associated shopper card. Kroger employees or partners are prohibited to set up or otherwise maintain an online account not specifically associated to that employee or employee household.
A valid shopper card or an alternate ID is required for the use of digital coupons at the time of purchase.
Digital coupons and offers are deducted from a customer purchase prior to paper coupons or any other discounts and cannot be added back or removed once card has been scanned.
- Limit one use per digital coupon per transaction
- Digital offers cannot be combined with manufacturer paper coupons on the purchase of a single item
- Digital offers do not double
- A limit of 150 coupons can be loaded per household at one time
The store manager has the right to accept, decline, or limit the use of ANY digital coupon or offer.
An Important Message Regarding Greater Houston Texas Stores:
Kroger operates 2,458 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states across the country as 18 separate divisions. Each Kroger division offers various customer rewards and savings programs depending on each specific market.
Greater Houston, Texas area Kroger stores will discontinue the double/triple coupon program on Wednesday, April 13, 2011. We are in the process of finalizing the new coupon policy and will share this with local customers when it becomes effective. In the meantime, the information listed below should prove helpful in responding to your questions about the matter.
With the growing popularity of digital coupons, mobile apps and manufacturers producing coupons valued at more than 50 cents, we feel it’s an ideal time to test out a new money-saving program and discontinue double/triple. There’s a possibility we may re-introduce double/triple by hosting special shopping events intermittently.
We will still continue to accept coupons at face value. Part of the new policy states there is a limit of one electronic or paper manufacturer coupon per item. The opportunity to stack is no longer available. A digital coupon and manufacturer paper coupon may not be combined on the purchase of a single item. More than 100 digital coupons are available daily at www.kroger.com.
If you have loaded an electronic coupon to your Kroger Plus card, then the digital coupon will apply before the manufacturer paper coupon.
In addition to accepting coupons at face value, Kroger still offers a number of ways to save. We saved Texas shoppers more than $25 million in 2010 through different programs, including the generic drug pricing ($4/30-day supply and $10/90-day supply), fuel rewards, everyday 10% senior discount for shoppers who are 59 and older and our pick 6 wine discount. Also, Kroger customers will continue to receive Loyal Customer Mailings that include coupons tailored directly to the products they buy most.
Through the fuel rewards program, shoppers save 3 cents per gallon everyday at Kroger Fuel Centers. There are 67 Kroger Fuel Centers in Greater Houston. Customers can save 10 cents per gallon at Kroger Fuel Centers and at more than 500 participating Shell locations in the area when they earn 100 fuel rewards points. Kroger 123 Rewards MasterCard holders continue to save 15 cents per gallon on fuel at Kroger.
Rewards points can be earned in the following ways:
- Spend $100 on groceries, earn 100 points. ($1 = 1 point)
- Spend $50 on gift cards and we double the points. (1 $50 gift card = 100 points)
- Fill or refill 2 prescriptions at a Kroger Pharmacy. (1 prescription = 50 pts)
A more thorough outline of our coupon policy is to come; however, we want to equip you with key messages that can address your current concerns. Please feel free to use coupons before the double/triple program expires on Wednesday, April 13.
We appreciate your feedback and are anxious to share a new savings program to our Houston-area customers that will help you and your families save even more. Details will be released closer to the April 13th date.
As always, thank you for shopping at our Kroger stores.
Jul 12, 2011
- Will price match in-ad prices, or within 14 days of your Staples purchase and Staples will give you the difference.
- Won’t price match competitor’s website prices
- Price match is after all Staples coupons and rebates are deducted. So if you want to price match a $30 item, and the price is $40 at Staples with a $7 Easy Rebate, Staples will give you another $3 off for the price match.
- If another company offers a product that comes with a mail–in rebate, gift check, gift card or an equivalent, we will only match the price you pay at the point of purchase and will not take the mail–in rebate, gift check, gift card or equivalent into account.
You don’t have to mail in Staples rebates. Just go to Staples Easy Rebates and enter in your purchase information. You’ll get a confirmation e-mail and your rebate in 4-6 weeks. It will be a Rebate Visa Prepaid Card or a check that you can cash at your bank.
These rebates are store credit that can be used on anything at the store. You’ll need to use your Stapes rewards cards to make sure you get your rewards. Sign up for staples rewards online or in-store. You will get an unlimited 10% back in Rewards on qualifying purchases, including ink and toner, case and ream paper, and Copy & Print services. A monthly Reward will be mailed to you when you’ve earned $10 or more. Balances less than $10 roll over month to month and expire at the end of the calendar quarter if $10 is not earned.
Jul 11, 2011
At H-E-B, we know how important it is for you to maximize every dollar you spend with us. Coupons are a big part of that, so below we have outlined our guidelines for your convenience.
H-E-B accepts the following types of coupons:
- Manufacturer issued coupons obtained from printed publications (newspaper, FSI, magazines, etc)
- H-E-B Issued coupons
- Manufacturer-sponsored coupons (Type M coupon; has an ‘M’ in bottom left corner)
- Store-sponsored coupons (Type S Coupon; has an ‘S’ in the bottom left corner)
- Big Savings coupons (Type B coupons; has a ‘B’ in the bottom left corner)
- Available at store level and typically yellow in color
- Generated by a coupon printer at the register and provided with customer receipt
- Distributed via direct mail to customer households or other printed publications
- Printable coupons with a bar code (i.e. Online or Internet coupons)
Please consider the following guidelines and limitations:
- Coupons can only be redeemed for items, brands, and sizes as specified by the requirements of the coupon.
- Only one manufacturer coupon per item is permitted.
- Combining a manufacturer issued coupon with an H-E-B issued manufacturer coupon (Type M) on the same item is not permitted
- H-E-B will combine store sponsored yellow coupons with manufacturer coupons for the same product
- One (1) manufacturer issued coupon and one (1) H-E-B issued Store-sponsored (Type S)
- One (1) manufacturer issued coupon and one (1) H-E-B issued Big Savings coupon (Type B)
- H-E-B does not double or triple coupons.
- H-E-B cannot give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- Coupons must be presented to the cashier at time of purchase.
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The following coupons cannot be accepted:
- Expired coupons
- Competitor coupons
- Coupons without a barcode
- H-E-B accepts valid online and other printable coupons as follows:
- Online and other Printable coupons should be legible and have a bar code.
- Buy-one-get-one-free coupons (BOGOs) are accepted. (i.e. Buy X, Get X Free)
- “Free product” printable coupons are not accepted (i.e. Get X Free)
- Printable Coupons will not be accepted if they appear copied or are altered in any way. They should be printed directly from the website or email in which they were offered.
- Printable Coupons have unique serial numbers and follow an industry standard format; they are non-transferable, and should not be copied, scanned, sold, traded, or otherwise distributed.
- H-E-B reserves the right to refuse any coupon or limit quantities.
Jul 8, 2011
Dollar General is pleased to accept Manufacturer’s Coupons and Dollar General Store Coupons at any of our more than 9,500 stores. These coupons come from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to, newspapers, magazines, print-at-home (internet), direct mail, product packaging, and in-store coupon boxes.
Our coupon requirements are as follows:
Dollar General accepts Manufacturer’s and Dollar General issued coupons (Including internet coupons) that meet these requirements:
- Coupons must be original (no photocopies)
- Coupons must have a scan-able barcode or valid promotion code
- Coupons must have a printed expiration date
- Coupons can be redeemed only for items sold at Dollar General, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.)
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free
- Maximum of two coupons per item. One coupon must be a Manufacturer’s Coupon and the second coupon must be a Dollar General Coupon as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons
Dollar General will NOT accept coupons that:
- Are from other retailers
- Are expired
- Are internet coupons without a scan-able barcode and/or promotion code
- Contain the combination of an invalid barcode that won’t scan and promotion code that the register will not accept
- Are for “free” items, unless a purchase is required (i.e. Buy one get one free is acceptable)
- Do not have a “remit to:” address on the coupon
In addition:“Cash Back” will not be issued if the value of the coupon is greater than the purchase price of the item.
Jul 7, 2011
Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
- We will redeem coupons only for the specific items included in our customer’s purchase transaction. The redemption value will be as stated on the coupon, unless that value yields a final price for such item less than zero; if application of the redemption value yields a price less than zero, the coupon will be redeemed only for the amount that yields a zero price (our customer cannot net a cash credit or payout from a coupon purchase).
- Paper coupons must be presented at the time of the purchase transaction. We will accept only coupons issued by Safeway or the manufacturer of the relevant product. We will not accept photocopies of coupons.
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
- Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any offer.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Safeway will not accept manufacturer coupons (including, but not limited to, coupons issued through a Catalina or other in-store coupon dispenser) that display another retailer’s logo or name unless such coupon is for a specific item with the same product identifiers as the product included in our customer’s purchase transaction.
- We will not accept coupons unless they have an expiration date. Expired coupons will not be accepted.
- We will not accept coupons that, in the determination of Safeway personnel, appear distorted or blurry or are altered in any way.
- Sales taxes will be applied in accordance with the law of the applicable state, regardless of any coupon or other discount that may apply to the purchase transaction.
- All applicable bottle and packaging deposits on the purchased and free items must be paid by the customer.
- Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
- Purchase reward thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer’s final price (after deducting Club Card savings and all other discounts and savings) before deductions for any manufacturer coupons. As an example (and not as an offer), if a $10 minimum purchase is required for a customer reward, a customer’s order at full retail would be $12, a Club Card discount of $1.75 applies, and a manufacturer’s coupon of $1 applies, the customer would be given credit for a $10.25 purchase, and would be eligible for the reward (assuming compliance with all other requirements) even though the customer’s cash payment would be only $9.25. The manufacturer’s coupon would not be deducted from the total for purposes of determining reward eligibility. Purchase reward thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer’s final price (after deducting Club Card savings, and all other discounts)
- References to a threshold purchase requirement will exclude purchases of: Beer, Wine, Spirits, Tobacco Products, Fuel, All Fluid Items in the Refrigerated Dairy Section (including Fluid Dairy and Dairy Substitutes), Prescription Items and Co-payments, Bus/Commuter Passes, Fishing/Hunting Licenses and Tags, Postage Stamps, Money Orders, Money Transfers, Ski Tickets, Amusement Park Tickets, Event Tickets, Lottery Tickets, Phone Cards, Gift Cards, and Gift Certificates; also excluded are: Bottle Deposits, Redemption Values, and Sales Taxes.
Internet Printed Coupons:
- We gladly accept internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
- Internet printed coupons must be capable of scanning at checkout.
- Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and must follow an industry-standard format.
- Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
- We will not accept “free product” internet printed manufacturer coupons.
Load to Card Club Coupons:
- Internet and digital coupons that have been electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the club card number has been entered. All other coupon policies above apply to electronic coupons that are loaded to a club card.
- Check with your local store regarding ‘double coupon’ advertised promotions where customers will receive double the coupon face value off the regular or club card price up to the advertised limit. Not all locations offer double coupon promotions. Limitations and restrictions for double coupon promotions may change at any time. Changes will be posted in store only.
- Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
- Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.
- If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and/or coupon.
- Rainchecks expire ninety (90) days from the date issued and will not be accepted at any Safeway store after that time.
- We reserve the right to limit Raincheck quantities based on product availability and advertised limits.
- Rainchecks can be issued for up to six (6) items unless otherwise stated in the applicable advertisement.
- Rainchecks can be issued for all items, excluding Beer, Wine, Spirits, Tobacco Products, Fuel, All Fluid Items in the Refrigerated Dairy Section (including Fluid Dairy and Dairy Substitutes), which exclusions may vary from state to state.
- Rainchecks can be offered for store super coupon items unless otherwise specified on the coupon. Rainchecks will not be provided for items advertised as “clearance”, “while supplies last,” “limited quantities,” or other designation indicating a limited supply.
We may change these rules at any time. All coupon redemption terms are subject to the terms of the rules in effect at time of redemption. Rule changes may become effective without advance notice or advertisement. The current rules will be posted at the customer service area in each store. You are also advised to periodically check our website for any changes to these rules.